Friday, December 2, 2011

Just a Little Longer

Thanksgiving has come and gone. I had a trip and wonderful time, as I hope you readers have had as well. Christmas is approaching fast and we all have things to do, places to go and people to see. It's a wonderful time of the year and it is my favorite.

Just the other day, a package arrived in my mailbox and landed on this desk. It was filled with 10 beautiful fragrances. As of late last night, I'd had them all open and sniff tested each one of these wonderful creations in spite of the head cold that I have. I could not resist them sitting there just begging me for one sniff. The thought occurred to me that, just one would not hurt, but only one. So I did. Then I couldn't help myself and I did my first test with each one of them. I enjoyed them and did the best that I could in picking out their notes. I did try two on because, I could not resist them after the sniff test. To be perfectly honest, I love the House that they are from. Yes, one on each arm. It was a sweet challenge to identify the different notes in the two I had on as they came to fullness as they warmed on my skin. I am certain that I don't have the nose right now to enjoy them as fully as I would with a clear nose so now I wait for full recovery. That will be hard for me because they sit on this desk beckoning me to sample one. It will be my absolute pleasure to describe these different beauties on here. One may actually be up this evening but, I do so want to have a clear nose, to be able to do every one of these, the justice that they deserve.

At this point, I'd like to thank, Nasreen and Marinela, from Perfumerie Nasreen for these very generous offerings. I will be in the market for one full size acquisition before this is done. The choice of which one is going to be extremely difficult. I'm already certain of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment