Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Coco Noir

Type: Oriental

Top: grapefruit, Calibrian bergamot
Heart: rose absolute, rose essence, jasmin absolute, narcissus, rose geranium leaf
Base: Brazilian tonka bean, Venezuelan tonka bean, white musk, sandalwood, patchouli

For the House of Channel from the nose of Jacques Polge and Christopher Sheldrake, comes, Coco Noir. This fragrance launched in August of 2012. 

On me this fragrance races like a sprinter in the fifty yard dash from the Top notes through to the base notes in 10 minutes. The final dry down came in one hour. This was not a fragrance matched to my chemistry at all. That being stated I was sorely disappointed but happy this had been a sample and not the bottle. For one hour the fragrance was somewhat soapy, and woody with a hint of the floral notes. Then after that all I could detect was blackberry jam and sandalwood. This was not something that I would have expected from a Channel fragrance but, alas that is exactly what has happened. Try a sample first before buying this one, would be my best advice. I wear other fragrances from Channel with none of the issues I have with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment