Sunday, November 6, 2011

Amouage Gold

From renowned perfumer Guy Robert, who was commissioned by the Arabian perfume house of Amouage in the country of Oman came, Amouage Gold.

Notes: Consists of over One Hundred natural oils and essences.

If gold had a fragrance, this would be it! At the time perfumer Guy Robert was commissioned, he was instructed that "no expense be spared". A few of these ingredients are as follows:

jasmine, ambergris, rock rose, orris, sandalwood, cedar wood, silver frankincense, myrrh, patchouli, civet and musk

There are many words that come to my mind with which I could use to describe this precious golden liquid. Opulent, somewhat powdery, sophisticated, rich, but never overbearing, just to name a few.

Personally, I find it very hard to discern the three phases of this fragrance, which is so easily done with countless others. However, I will say that it is a perfectly orchestrated symphony for the senses which is virtually unchanging throughout the day as it continues into the evening.

This is not a fragrance to be worn hiking in the woods, nor walking along a sun drenched beach on a hot summer day. Rather it should be worn to the theatre, opera or ballet. Or in your wedding dress on "that special day".

The bottle comes housed in a navy and cream colored box for keeping, nestled beautifully in ivory silk. The bottle itself is a superb work of Ancient Omani art, consisting of 24 karat gold plating and French lead crystal.

Available in EDT, EDP and Perfume.

I have described this fragrance wearing the EDT strength.

Note: My bottle, purchased circa 1997 or 1998 had a phamplet tucked inside which listed every oil and essence which was used to make Gold. I would have, for the future reference of anyone who would be interested to know this, listed every single one of those ingredient here but after moving three times, sadly, I have lost it.

Where to find it:

http://www.amazon.com/Amouage-Gold-Woman-Eau-Parfum/dp/B001MWCYA4
http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouagegold.html
http://www.parfumerienasreen.com/fragrances/rarefinds/index.php

2 comments:

  1. I like that you put a picture of the bottle. It looks like something the 3 wise men would have brought to Jesus...the KING! I don't know if I've ever smelled this one, but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have on me. I have it and have worn it. Then I stashed it away in it's box. I just have re-visited it as of yesterday and love it all over again. Yes, it does look something like one of the gifts might have looked. Likely had He gotten a gift of this, He would have been very impressed.

    ReplyDelete