Thursday, November 10, 2011

L'Heure Fougueuse The Ardent Hour

IVL'Heure Fougueusse The ARdent Hour
Mathilde Laurent for Cartier
Fresh/Chypre

Bergamot, Mate' (herbal South American tea), Karismal (a note taken from Jasmine tea), Evernyl (a synthesized note from oak moss) Vanillin, Magnolia, Mane accord ( thoroughbred horse notes unknown) Magnolia, Oak barrel

This fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent for the house of Cartier and is part of the Les Heures de Parfum collection. This is a tribute to the horse. L'Heure Fougueuse, means the fiery, impetuous or spirited hour.

IV signifies the fourth hour of the day and the four legs of the horse. This artful composition initially smells citrusy fresh and then arrives the mate' tea note, quickly followed by the scent of alfalfa hay. I thought, now this is real nice. I love the smell of fresh cut and dried alfalfa hay. I lift my wrist to my nose quickly to experience it again and find, that it's been joined, quickly, by the smell of a horse. Yes, you read correctly, I said horse. Not a dirty horse, but a clean one. Now, this has to be impossible, but there it is and as I lift my wrist again in disbelief, the hay and the horse are not all that I smell. This fragrance has yet another surprise in store for me because, I find that this horse, is wearing my Passier saddle. Yes, leather has joined the composition. Now it dries down very smooth, but I can still smell each of these that I've mentioned. So I see a horse standing clean, dressed in it's saddle, in the warm sun of a spring day, with the smell of bales of alfalfa floating around the air. I have my arms around the neck of this horse with my face buried in it's mane, as I often have, loving the smell of this horse, as it beckons me to mount and ride. Now, this is not a perfumy fragrance. It is a skin scent. I don't leave a perfumed trail in my wake. To smell this one, you need to be close to me. I could wear this comfortably everyday. The magic that this fragrance works has to be experienced. In my opinion, this is a masterpiece and a definitely very well done tribute to the horse in a fragrance. Thank you Mathilde Laurent.

Available in EDT 1.7 ml 2.5 fl. oz.

2 comments:

  1. WOW. That sounds amazing!!

    (Now, if you could find a scent to match that of Lush's Angels On Bare Skin - love that scent but it doesn't last in that format.)
    http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/face/cleansers/angels-on-bare-skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fragrance is amazing and I love it more everytime I sample it! I have one rave review and am very happy with that. It is for me personally a must have.

    Lush's Angel facial cleanser sounds heavenly. Not to pricey either. Thanks for the tip. I may just try it. I'm running out of cleanser so now might be a good time for me to try this. Thanks, Laura

    ReplyDelete