Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chanel No. 19

Floral - Green

Top Notes: Greens, Galbanum, Bergamot
Heart Notes: Jasmine, May rose, Iris, Ylang-Ylang
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Vetiver

This lovely liquid bursts from the bottle onto your skin, crisp, fresh and green. It is followed in minutes, as its character developes and moves, into the heart notes of florals so artfully composed. Not at all very flowery as one would normally expect from a floral. Still green and fresh its woody base joins in and is perfectly smoothed out by the wonderful trio of sandalwood oakmoss and vetiver.

Available in EDT and EDP strengths.

This was Mlle Coco Chanel's own signature fragrance, named in honor of her birthday, August 19th, 1883, and was released for sale to the public, after her death in 1971.

I would like to say, that the description above, is based on the fragrance I wore today and I wore the EDT. I applied it at 10:00 a.m. and now at 11:58 p.m. it is still very detectable. I find that it reminds me of walking around in the lush green woods just after a rain in the summer or perhaps early fall. This fragrance is classic, classy and green.

I do know that there is a newer version No. 19 Poudre and I have not yet had the opportunity to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment