Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Eau de Camille

Eau de Camille
Perfumer Annick Goutal
Green/Floral

Notes: Ivy, Seringa, Cut Grass, Privet, Honeysuckle

This lovely fragrance was created in 1983 by perfumer Annick Goutal for her daughter Camille, who was 8 years old at the time. Camille, has since taken over the Annick Goutal line upon the death of her mother along with, Isabelle Doyen and have continued her work, adding to this fine line of fragrances.

I purchased this wonderful fragrance for my oldest daughter when she was 13 years old. I thought that it fit her perfectly and it did. This scent attracted me when I first sampled it at a Nordstrom counter. It reminded me of a evening of play, just as the fireflies came out, in my yard, long ago when I was a young girl. The grass had been freshly cut and the privet hedge had just been trimmed. The honeysuckle was in bloom and my cousin and I were sampling the sweet nector of those delicate flowers. This fragrance, as fragrances can, transported me back to that childhood memory. A memory of tasting that, surprising, sweet, little, droplet, from those flowers on my tongue and chasing fireflies around the grassy yard. That night was like magic to me and this fragrance brought that memory to mind immediately. Now, I'm not saying that this fragrance is only for young girls. This is a fragrance which is perfect for the young and mature alike.

Available in EDT only.

No comments:

Post a Comment